Do you want to do more workouts in less time with an easy to carry piece of equipment that’s so easy to store? Read our Bowflex adjustable kettlebell review to see if an adjustable kettlebell is the right choice for your home gym.
The kettle bell is a good way to build strength. It’s a versatile training tool that allows you to work on different muscle groups all at the same time. Kettlebells are an effective exercise tool for every home gym.
Try something different by using a kettlebell instead of a dumbbell or other weight. It can be used in numerous ways, adding more variety to your workout.
In a Hurry Specification Table
8.8”L x 7”W x 12.5”H
8, 12, 20, 25, 35, and 40lbs
1-Year JRNY Membership – full-body strength classes
Auto renews, cancel 48 hr before trial end date – if desired
Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell Review – Things to Consider
While looking for an adjustable model, there are several factors to keep in mind when choosing the best kettle bell for your workout routine.
- Weight – 40lbs.
- Adjustability at the turn of a dial to replace 6 kettlebells.
- Durability – Polycarbonate, hard shell.
- Strength classes with a JRNY app membership.
- Thinner handle.
- Safety Features. Made with some plastic, some worry that the clips may break.
Adjustable kettlebells are great tools for strength training because they are a compact way to allow you to target many muscles with one piece of equipment. They also provide a unique experience that makes exercise fun and challenging.
If you’re looking for a kettle bell that’s easy to handle, consider one with an adjustable weight system. This allows you to adjust the weight as needed so you can work out at different intensities.
The Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell is not designed to be dropped. It says so on the top of the kettlebell!
You’ll find this kettlebell adjusts from 8 to 12, 20, 25, 35, and 40lbs. Some would prefer if it graduated in 5lb increments instead of the wider weight span.
Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell Review
The Bowflex SelectTech adjustable kettlebell is used frequently in functional fitness training and is super versatile. Its major value is that you purchase one piece, and it can replace 6 different kettlebells. There is however, a larger gap in the weights from 25 to 35lbs.
The Bowflex SelectTech kettlebell is like the design of SelectTech Dumbbells. You can quickly adjust from 8lbs to 40lbs – it’s easy to adjust from swings to tricep extensions – all packaged in one small kettlebell.
Just don’t drop it, it tells you that on the top of the kettlebell!
This is made for the beginner to intermediate user. If you want to go heavier, or you want a competition style handle, the Bowflex SelectTech Kettlebell may not be the right one for you.
- Compact, easy to carry and store.
- You can do more workouts in less time.
- It is a good way to build strength.
- Good for Beginner and Intermediate Users
- A thinner handle diameter is made for smaller hands.
- Large jump in weights such as 25 – 35lbs.
- The Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell is not meant to be dropped.
- Only 40lb. Not a heavier option
- Constructed with plastic components
You Can Do More Workouts in Less Time.
Instead of doing several sets of a particular exercise, you can simply perform one set of each exercise and still target multiple muscles. This allows you to focus on perfecting your form while still getting a full body workout.
Benefits of the Bowflex SelectTech Kettlebell
Six weights in one compact design. By turning the dial, you can easily adjust from 8 to 40lbs in weight.
You can perform a variety of full-body exercises with this one piece of exercise equipment. Strengthen your abs, arms, and legs.
A great place to start for the fitness newbie. Enjoy cardio exercise, build muscle, and burn fat, as you boost confidence. The exercise library teaches you proper kettlebell form and gives you access to 24 trainer led foundational technique to teach you best practices, from beginner to advanced.
Enjoy a lifetime of good physical fitness.
What Customers Say
- A personal trainer is happy with the portability and compactness of carrying these units from house to house. However, people under 5’4” may have issues when doing swings with this product.
- Pretty good for a single guy in one bedroom. No need for a bunch of individual kettlebells. Super easy to change weights. You can add grip tape to the handle if you want to. A little pricy, but I still absolutely recommend!
- Great for home gym. Matches other Bowflex lifting equipment.
- Adjustable, comfortable, convenient, compact, great for my wife and me.
- My only complaint is the numbers are small for us older folks to read. Otherwise, it is a very nice piece of equipment.
- I would like to see smaller increments of weight for my wife and daughters. The grip is designed for smaller hands. Very little shifting of the plates.
- The shape makes some exercises awkward and difficult. Otherwise, it is a great product.
Alternatives to the Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell
1. PowerBlock Adjustable Kettlebell 18-35 lb. Weight Set, Durable Long-Lasting Build, Adjustable Kettlebell for Home & Commercial Gyms. This Kettlebell is made of black alloy steel. It feels like solid iron. Save both space and money with one kettlebell that is in increments of 18, 22, 26, and 35lbs. It is a versatile addition to a home or commercial gym that should last for years. Quickly and easily adjusts with a secure magnetic steel selection pin.
2. Victor Fitness Adjustable Kettlebell with 7 Weight Levels from 10-40lbs. For a clutter-free gym, invest in one adjustable kettlebell instead of many different weights. Heavy-duty clamps lock the weights in place. Durable plastic clamp ensures that no weights slip or slide during your workout. Built to last with a powder-coated handle and all weight-plates are made of cast iron Dimensions 10.6”H x 9”W
3. Stamina X Versa-Bell Adjustable Kettlebell Set 16-36lb w/Smart Workout App – Non-Slip Cast Iron Grip, Storage Pad – Strength Training Kettlebells for Home Gym Weightlifting – Replaces an entire kettlebell set, easy-to-swap plates, in increments of 16, 20, 24, 30, and 36lbs. Includes a storage pad.
Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell Review
Are you trying to get fit at home without going to the gym? Are you short on space to store gym equipment?
What makes the Bowflex adjustable kettlebell so special? One piece of equipment replaces the need for 6 individual kettlebells. It takes up little space and can give you a total body workout!
A kettlebell is one of the most versatile tools in the gym. It’s perfect for strength training, cardio workouts, and even yoga.
Kettlebells are a great way to improve balance and increase flexibility. They also help you burn fat while building muscle.
Bowflex SelectTech 840 Adjustable Kettlebell
Start Small and Build from There.
If you’re new to kettlebell training, start with small movements and work up to bigger ones as you gain confidence. Perfect your technique before proceeding to more difficult moves.
The kettlebell is a popular tool for fitness enthusiasts because it is a versatile piece of equipment that can be used in a variety of ways.
CLICK HERE to check out the Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. No content on this site should be substituted for direct medical advice from your doctor or another qualified healthcare practitioner. The information contained here is for informational purposes only. It is from my research and personal experience.
How to Choose the Right Kettlebell: A Beginner’s Guide
2 thoughts on “Bowflex Adjustable Kettlebell Review”
The kettlebell is an amazing device especially when a person is interested in a complete workout of many muscle groups in a limited space. Many people live in tiny apartments where there is not a great deal of room to get the exercise they require, but with the kettlebell it doesn’t take up much room – making storage easy. Even, in situations where you do have the space for a full gym, the kettlebell is incredible! With some folks having limited budgets, it may take some time to acquire the larger equipment but you can still have a very economical workout with this device. I am impressed with this product and very interested in purchasing, the only concern I have is that it warns people not to drop and accidents do happen.
Hi, thanks for stopping by with a comment! Because it is adjustable, one downside to the Bowflex SelectTech adjustable kettlebell is the design does not seem as sturdy as a single cast iron kettlebell that can be dropped without damaging the kettlebell. The shape of the bell and the design of the handle seem to be another drawback.
The Bowflex SelectTech adjustable kettlebell is a good entry-level piece of equipment to start with. If you find you want to continue training more extensively with kettlebells, you may want a cast iron set. 🙂