What are the benefits of talking digital bathroom scales? It may be difficult to read the numbers on the bathroom scales, if you are pregnant, are visually impaired, or have a neck or other injury. With talking, digital bathroom scales, it is easier to track and accurately measure your weight. Have you been struggling to keep track of your weight? Digital bathroom scales that can talk could be the way to go! Here are 4 scales to consider when looking for a talking digital bathroom scale to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Product Table (in a hurry)
Talking Bathroom Scale
440 lb capacity – 5-yr. limited warranty
395 lb capacity
550 lb capacity – 30 yr. warranty
440 lb capacity
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on and purchase through one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission, which helps keep our website operating. Thanks! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why You May Need a Talking Bathroom Scale
There may be times in your life when you can’t see your feet to read the scale. Maybe you are pregnant, visually impaired, or have a neck or other injury and cannot read the numbers on the scale. There are times the doctor wants you to keep track of your weight, and it is difficult to read the scale. Sometimes looking down just makes you dizzy. This is the right product for you to have in your bathroom.
How to Weigh Yourself
The scale should be kept on a solid floor, because a carpeted floor would give an incorrect reading. You can have the scale speak your weight to you, so you do not have to look down. For an accurate reading, keep the scale in one place on a level spot, and try to stand perfectly still for several seconds while the scale calculates your weight.
What to Look for When Buying a Talking Digital Bathroom Scale
- Can the voice be turned off or is there a volume control for the voice?
- Is it easy to get on and off the bathroom scale? Is it safe, sturdy, and stable?
- Is the scale accurate to your satisfaction? The scale in your doctor’s office costs much more. Most home scales are not made to a medical grade, but you should expect basic accuracy.
- What is the weight capacity of the scale you are considering purchasing? Do you need a high weight-capacity scale?
- Do you have a flat solid place in your home to store your scale? Most scales do not like to be moved around – this can affect their accuracy.
Talking Digital Bathroom Scales Reviews
Here are the reviews of 4 Talking Digital Bathroom Scales.
Taylor Electronic Glass Talking Bathroom Scale – 400 lb capacity
Amazon Clickable Image
This talking scale is easy to use to keep track of your weight. The functional and stylish Taylor Electronic Glass Talking Scale is easy to read at a glance. You can choose English, Spanish, Greek, German, or Croatian language and you can adjust the volume. The 12.2-inch square platform is spacious. To prevent excessive battery drain, the electronic scale features an “instant on”, and an “auto off” as well as a low battery indicator. The 3 AAA batteries are included.
With your safety in mind, there are 4 anti-slip, anti-scratch-resistant pads to keep the scale safe and stable. A 5-year limited warranty is included with the product.
- 5-year limited warranty
- Material: Glass
- Item Weight: 5.6 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 440 lb
- Dimensions: 12.2”L x 12.2”W x 1.08”H
- 3 AAA batteries included
- Good volume
- Adjustable volume
- 5 Languages
- Easy to Set Up
- High capacity, 440 lb
- Weight is announced in a voice which is a bit difficult for a hearing-impaired person to understand.
- The voice has an accent.
- Weight fluctuates.
What Customers Say:
- Good product for the money.
- Easy to set up and use.
- The volume is ample.
- Clarity of voice is “fair”. The voice is unclear.
- Not always a consistent reading.
- Poor customer service.
Extra Wide Glass Talking Digital Scale
The extra-wide design makes it easy to check your weight. There is also an extra-large, easy-to-read, LCD display. Customers are happy with the clear voice that tells you your weight. The volume, however, is not adjustable, so others can hear your weight spoken out loud.
- Material: Sturdy tempered glass
- Item Weight: N/A
- Weight Capacity: 395 lbs
- Dimensions: 14” x 14” x 2”
- Batteries: 2 AAA batteries not included
- Displays in Lbs or KG
- Loud, clear voice.
- Low-profile height makes it easy to get on or off.
- No setting to change volume.
What Customers Say:
- Volume is perfect!
- Great! You do not have to look down!
- Make sure you place it on a level surface every time.
- Easy-to-use scale that measures only your weight!
- Beautiful to look at, speaks clearly, with a large digital display.
- Tone and cadence are appropriate, and loud enough for an 82-yr old to hear!
My Weight XL – 550 Talking Bathroom Scale
This bathroom scale has a large platform and an easy-to-read display. This scale has clear speech and for your convenience, the speaking feature has an on/off switch. You will feel safe with rubber feet to prevent movement or scuffing up the floor. It is easy to turn the scale on, with a quick tap of your foot. Batteries are included and it has a 30-year warranty.
For a consistent weight, keep the scale in one place on a flat surface and stand perfectly still while weighing.
- 30-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Material: Plastic
- Item Weight: 5.71 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 550 lbs.
- Dimensions: 14.7” x 12.5”
- Batteries: 4 AA batteries included
- Excellent warranty.
- High 550 lb weight capacity.
- Batteries included.
- 1 ½ “tall LED display.
- Must be on a level surface.
- Must stand perfectly still for an accurate measurement.
What Customers Say:
- Simple to use, only two buttons: voice on/off, and lbs or kg.
- I am actively losing weight; the scale has a large comfortable base. It is great if you are on the heavier side.
- The trick is to have the scale on a nice level spot and stand perfectly still while weighing.
- Best scale ever! Great product and a great price! I definitely recommend this scale!
- I wanted a simple, strong, accurate, and large scale (so it does not wobble) – and that is what I got.
- Its accuracy is questionable, I weigh myself 5 times and take the average.
- You must stand with your feet close together for 6-7 seconds without moving at all to get an accurate reading. Somewhat difficult for big people with big feet!
NewlineNY Voice Talking Digital Bathroom Scale – 440 lb capacity – Easy on the Budget
This is a budget model of a talking digital bathroom scale, however, it still has good Amazon reviews. The modern, elegant design will match many home decors, and the slim profile makes it easy to get on and off the scale. There are non-skid rubber feet to keep it securely in place on the floor.
- Material: Glass and Plastic
- Item Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 440 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.63” x 11.65” x 1.57”
- Batteries: 4 AAA batteries included
- On/Off switch for the voice.
- Convenient “tap on” and “auto off” technology.
- Weighs in lbs and kg
- High 440 lb weight capacity.
- Low power warning.
- Extra purchase for a 3-year personal care protection plan.
- Slightly smaller scale platform.
- No volume adjustment.
- Speaks with an accent
What Customers Say:
- Make sure the battery is tightly in place for an accurate reading.
- Great value and attractive.
- Beyond my expectations for the price.
- It gave a ballpark weight, not readily responsive to small weight changes.
- WIDE range of weights in a very short time frame.
- Does not reach the 440 lb weight capacity.
Wrapping It Up
With the Taylor Electronic Glass Talking Bathroom Scale – many complain that the voice on the scale is not clear.
The Extra Wide Glass Talking Scale does have a clear voice.
The My Weigh XL-550 has the best warranty of 30-years! That surely exceeds many other warranties!
The NewlineNY Voice Talking Digital Bathroom Scale is a budget talking bathroom scale. It has a decent rating in Amazon, but there were definitely some who were disappointed in it.
My choice is the My Weigh XL-550 with the 30-year warranty. If a company stands behind its product for 30 years, it is remarkable.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional. No content on this site should be substituted for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare practitioners. The information contained here is for informational purposes only. It is from my research and personal experience.